Little Egypt's Dancing Season
Updated for 1999
Newly updated - 12 August, with apologies for earlier misleading information.
Changes reflect the recent changes to the side, like the loss of a musician!
Traditionally, as with a lot of Morris sides, our season begins on May 1st. At 4.30 a.m., we gather at Park Farm, overlooking the Glem valley and Stanstead Great Wood, to dance in the dawn. (Pictures of 1998 are still available here). After dancing, we enjoy a traditional farmhouse breakfast, before heading off to our daily toils (or, rather, since this year's May Day is a Saturday, we'll probably go and do the shopping.)
- Sunday 2 May - Rochester Sweeps Festival
- Sunday 9 May - 2. 00 p.m.Bardwell Windmill
- Friday 14 May - 8.00 p.m. -
"The Cock", Brent Eleigh Now changed: Hawkedon, Queens - 8.00 p.m.
- Tuesday 18 May - "The Plough" Hundon
- Saturday 22 May - Bury St Edmunds Festival - Day of Dance
- Sunday 13 June - "Lunch time" - Melford Country Fair, Long Melford Hall
- Tuesday 15 June - 8.00 p.m. - "The Cock", Polstead
- Saturday 19 June - All bloody day - Little Egypt's Tractor 'n' Trailer Day of Fun, (well it was going to be all day but the Midsummer UnCeilidh (not to be confused with the Horkey) has rather taken over.)
- Tuesday 22 June - 8. 00 p.m. "The George and Dragon", Long Melford
- Saturday 26 June - All bloody day, again - Little Egypt head for the seaside - Southwold (Home of Adnam's Fine Ales)
- Tuesday 29 June - 8.00 p.m. - "The Swan", Coney Weston, 8. 00 p.m.(sounds like a minibus job, that one)
- Saturday 3 July - (you've guessed - ALL DAY) - Lowestoft Maritime Folk Festival and the Lobster Potty Festival, Sheringham (passports needed)
Tuesday 6 July - 8. 00 p.m. - "White Hart", Stansted (no, not the bl***ing airport terminal) Wrong! This was Wednesday 7th, at Lavenham, with Hageneth.
- Saturday 10 July - All Day - Ely Folk Festival
- Wednesday 14 July - 8.00 p.m. - "The Crown", Hartest, with Bury Fair
- Friday 23 July - 8.00 p.m. -
"The Globe", Clare Wrong, again!This turned out to be the "White Hart", Stansted - sorry!
- Tuesday 27 July - 8.00 p.m. - "The Compasses", Stansfield
- Friday 6 August - 8.00 p.m. - "Red Lion", Belchamp Otten - thanks to the Belchamp side
- Tuesday 10 August - 8. 00 p.m. - to be confirmed
- Monday 30 August - Lunchtime onwards - Mersea Regatta, Mersea Island
- Tuesday 7 September - 8.00 p.m. - to be confirmed
- Friday 17 September - to be confirmed
- Sunday 19 September - All Day -Little Egypt Go Off The Rails - Again - Travel by steam, and private lines, too
- Tuesday 21 September - 8. 00 p.m. - to be confirmed
- Saturday 2 October - All Day - Horkey and Come All Ye
There will also be our now-traditional session of dancing on Boxing Day, fortified by plenty of sausage rolls, mince pies, the occasional glass of beer and a tot or several of Schnapps, courtesy of our German friends.
The Rest of the Morris
Page maintained by Steve Clarke, firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright(c) july 30 1997. Created: 02/08/97 Updated: 23/12/99