Pub Customers Seek New
With the imminent departure of Maureen Frost, the
regulars of "The Angel" have issued the following list
of requirements for her replacement.
In no particular order, these are:
- A limitless sense of humour
- An appropriate thesaurus of insulting phrases and
- An intense dedication to the art of Real Ale
- A pathological hatred of gassy beer
- An imaginative approach to opening hours
- A respect for tradition, particularly those of
- A determination not to pander to Yoof
- A considered respect for, and deference towards, the more senior customers
- Aunty Wainwright's passion for ensuring that no-one leaves with change in their pockets
- A taste for Tia Maria
- An ability to provide an imaginative menu for Crib and Quiz team refreshment
- An affection for pub pastimes such as Crib and Quiz
- An acceptance of ghostly and ghastly apparitions
A correspondent has asked: "Does this mean Wardie and Paul the morning after an 'all-nighter'?" Partly.
Refined musical taste
All applications should be addressed to:
The Selection Committee
c/o The Angel Inn
Or by email to the address below.
As matters develop, we will be reviewing and refining
Page maintained by Steve Clarke,
email@example.com. Copyright(c) Steve Clarke.
Created: 31/05/99 Updated: 06/06/99